A few months ago I read a blog post about an interview with Bill Gates about education in America. The interviewer asked, “What do you think makes a good teacher?” Gates responded by saying, “Clearly, there’s something about engaging the student.” I would take it further and say engagement is not just something, it is everything. If the students do not engage in the lesson, if they do not choose to invest themselves in the learning process, learning does not take place. Even the most carefully planned lessons will not succeed if the learner is not taken into account. That is a tall order for myself as a teacher. How to I relate the subject matter to my students? How do I draw them in?
- Are you ready for AP Spanish Exam day?
- También la lluvia
- Día Internacional de la Eliminación de la Violencia contra la Mujer
- La película “Sleep Dealer”
- Resources for teaching HLL’s
- National Board Renewal WLOE-EAYA
- Games for Spanish Class
- Free Voluntary Reading
- El Salvador trip for teachers?